Matt and Karina
Matt Archer currently works with Friends International in Canterbury, sharing God’s love with international students at the city’s universities. At the end of summer 2024 he and his wife, Karina, and their two youngest boys, Eddy and Jesse, will be moving on from this work to go to Nazareth in Israel, where they will be working with a Christian organisation to teach and train young believers.
Current points for prayer and praise:
- That the seeds of faith sown at Friends International events over the summer – from the café to the weekend away – will bear fruit, with the students who attended continuing to explore what the gospel message could mean for them.
- For chances for the team to meet with and share God’s love with this year’s intake of international students.
- That the new gap-year volunteer, Emi, will quickly feel at home in the team.
- That the Open House Bible study group beginning in October will be a success, with many students attending and discovering Jesus for the first time.
- For wisdom and peace for Matt, Karina, Eddy and Jesse as they begin to plan their move to Nazareth.
- For Reuben, Matt and Karina’s eldest son, and Eddy in their A-level and GCSE exam years; and that Reuben will know God’s support as he looks to stay in the UK to continue his studies post A-levels.